CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birthday Thoughts

I celebrated my 27th birthday yesterday. I am always amazed at what other people do to make you feel special on your birthday. I had a wonderful day and was so blessed by what everyone did for me! I do not think it is uncommon to reflect on the day you were born, and I had a little down time to do that yesterday. I recently read an article about paying it forward that talked about what a family did for their child on his birthday. Instead of buying him presents, they took him to an ice cream shop for two or three hours. At this point I'm thinking that is a wonderful gift, but the story took a different twist. Instead of buy ice cream and having a party for the child, they sat there and bought everyone's ice cream that came in the store. What a concept! I think we get too caught up in what we deserve sometimes that we forget about doing something for others. What a difference we could make in the lives of others if we did something unexpected for someone else on our birthday! It just really hit home with me to be aware of opportunities to bless others every day, and I hope I can try to incorporate that thought process into my life!

0 comments: